What is a Life Coach?
A life coach is someone who aims to help and empower others to make, meet and exceed personal and professional goals.
This can include becoming happy and fulfilled at home, excelling at work or exploring your potential and achieving long-term ambitions.
Coaching is about helping you turn a dream or idea into reality.
A coach does three things;
- Shows you the track you are on.
- Points out the choices and helps you take a new road.
- Helps you persist in that change.
What is NLP?
NLP stands for Neuro-Linguistic Programming and it can be broken down into the following areas;
- Neurology: The mind and how we think.
- Linguistics: How we use language and how it affects us.
- Programming: How we sequence our actions to achieve our goals.
I like the following explanation:
“NLP is a tool to understand how the language of our mind creates and runs the patterns we have in life. Once we have this understanding, we can apply a variety of NLP processes to enhance, change or alter our patterns of thought, behaviour and emotion.”
Why do people have coaches?
Many of today’s most successful business leaders, professionals, executives, entrepreneurs and CEOs use the services of a life coach to take their lives, careers, or businesses to the next level.
Coaching can help you bridge the gap between where you are now to where you want to be.
The ICF puts it nicely:
“People hire a life coach because;
- They want more.
- They want to grow.
- They want it easier.
How can coaching help me?
I can work with you to see the way forward, challenge you to think bigger, break through your limiting beliefs and hold you accountable.
Here are some of the benefits;
- Get absolute clarity on what you want, why you want it and how you can achieve it
- Bridge the gap between where you are now and where you want to be
- Explore what drives and motivates you
- Overcome obstacles like negative self-talk and low confidence
- Explore all your options, even the ones you haven’t thought of yet!
- Develop strategies to help you reach your goals faster
What areas do you coach?
These are some of the topics that I work with;
- Overcoming redundancy
- Establish a first career path
- Change existing career
- Start a business
- Take your business to the next level
- Improve work-life balance
- Eliminate procrastination
- Improve relationships
- Become more productive
- Increase motivation and focus
- Live a healthier life
- Create successful habits
So, I just talk to you about my problems like counselling?
Not at all, coaching is about looking forward and not focusing on past problems.
It focuses more so on the future to encourage personal development and self-improvement.
If I told you to NOT think about a pink elephant, what happens? You think about a pink elephant! That’s exactly what happens when you focus on the problem. You end up thinking about what you don’t want, instead of what you do want.
I see this a lot when people say they want to “give up smoking”, all they do is think about smoking!
But, you don’t have experience in my profession – why should I hire you?
If you want someone with experience in your profession, then you are looking for a mentor, not a coach.
It’s easy to confuse coaching with mentoring, but they are completely different.
The chances are you have enough people around you telling you “what you should do” but you are looking for a life coach to help you find out what YOU want to do and how YOU’RE going to do it.
Coaching is about asking powerful questions. They are designed to help you gain clarity, access your own resources and achieve your goals, in your own specific way.
If I knew loads about your current profession, how easy would it be to impose my own thoughts and beliefs on your situation? That wouldn’t help you in any way at all. What works for me, might not work for you.
That’s not saying you shouldn’t have a mentor. They can provide you with strategies that can accelerate your success. But, it’s important you don’t confuse the two.
How much does coaching cost?
The cost varies between packages as I charge by the result, not by the hour.
I have packages that include 3 sessions up to 12 (or even more) and they are tailored to your specific needs.
If you want to find out more then please book yourself in for a Complimentary Coaching Conversation.
We can discuss your individual needs once you have experienced the power of coaching for yourself.
I offer a 30-day money back guarantee on all my 12-Week Coaching Packages.
Isn’t it expensive though?
I think that it is important to consider ‘expensive in comparison to what?’
You are paying for a life change, clarity, direction and growth in your personal and professional life. In the past, this might have been a change that you haven’t been able to make on your own.
How much time and energy have you already wasted trying to get this handled? How much would it cost you if you didn’t reach your goal, make that life change or grow in that way? For me, these moments of clarity, accountability and action have been worth every pound (and more).
Is everything we speak about confidential?
Everything we discuss is 100% confidential.
What makes you different to other coaches?
Not only will I help you discover what you want and how to get it, but I am passionate about making sure you go out there and achieve it!
I am determined to keep you on track, so your support doesn’t end after one session with me.
So to hold you accountable;
- Weekly accountability calls between sessions
- 24/7 Whatsapp support
- 30-Day money back guarantee
- Access to my private accountability facebook group
- Access to my library of success strategies (templates, checklists, planners)
What does a coaching session look like?
Again it depends on the package but here is just some of the things we could do;
- Explore exactly what you want.
- Discover what values are motivating you.
- Set goals for the session and your desired outcome.
- Identify and address any limiting beliefs, habits or fears.
- Use various NLP techniques (for visualisation, self-belief etc)
How long is a coaching session?
Every package is tailored to suit YOUR preference:
- Half-day immersion sessions (my favourite as it allows us time to really get into the detail)
- 90 Minutes
- 60 Minutes
Where are you based?
My practice is based in Hitchin, Hertfordshire, UK.
I also do coaching sessions on Facebook and Skype, so can coach anyone across the globe.
Email me if you want to discuss the locations where we can work together.
Are you qualified to coach?
When you type into Google ‘Life Coach’ it brings up enormous amounts of people that claim to be life/business coaches. It’s very easy to slap the title on but not actually hold a qualification. You will find most of these other ‘coaches’ don’t actually coach, they just tell. They don’t help you create the solution that’s right for you.
Unlike those coaches, I hold the qualifications needed to coach and use NLP.
- Certified Master Practitioner of NLP
- Member of the Association for Neuro-Linguistic Programming (ANLP)
- Certified Life Coach
- Level 4 IIC&M Certified Master Coach
- 5 Years Experience as a Business Coach of
a FTSE100 Company
- Approved Life Coach at the LifeCoachDirectory.com
Who do you work with?
If there is a gap between where you are now and where you want to be, then coaching might be right for you.
Managers, professionals, creative people, small business owners, startups, homemakers, business leaders all reach their goals with the help of a life coach.
How do we get started?
This isn’t just a quick chat where I pitch you my services. This is the beginning of your transformation, and this powerful conversation takes place before we even begin your tailored coaching program.
If we both feel that coaching is the next best step, I will share a few bespoke options tailor-made for you, designed to help you be your best and create the results you want.